Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Simple Potting Shed





When the sun came out yesterday I just couldn't resist taking some shots of the brave veggies growing in our little potting shed greenhouse we built in the fall. I put someme chicken manure in there, which was pretty "hot" so a layer of soil on top. I was hoping that the manure would warm the soil enough to grow some things this winter and voila! Here is some Swiss chard, mustard greens and arugula, all of which will be ready to eat soon. They took their time growing but look really healthy and I just baby them along with some fish fertilizer every couple of weeks. The lean-to faces south and a friend and I put it up in two days. The polycarbide panels are very inexpensive and last a lifetime! What could I grow in here during the summer? Maybe some melons....

No comments:

Post a Comment